C2 Proficiency is the final and most advanced level of the Cambridge Assessment English examinations. At this Mastery (C2) Level, learners have progressed to a level of fluency in English which is on a par with that of an educated native speaker. They are able to function effectively in almost any situation in an English-speaking environment.
C2 Proficiency is accepted by most universities and colleges in Britain and other countries throughout the world as proof of the learners’ ability to follow courses of higher education or post-graduate study taught in the English language. It is also officially recognised by professional bodies in commerce and industry all over the world as an indication of a very advanced standard of linguistic competence.
The C2 Proficiency course covers all four language skills: listening, speaking, reading and writing in an international, communicative context. At the end of this course, learners can expect to be able to:
- use the language in a wide range of culturally appropriate ways
- improve their use of the language by extending their vocabulary and by refining their usage and command of style and register rather than by learning about new areas of grammar
- advise on or talk about complex or sensitive issues, understanding colloquial references, cultural allusions and dealing confidently with hostile questions
- understand documents, correspondence and reports, including the finer points of complex texts
- correspond on any subject with full notes of meetings or seminars, with good expression and accuracy
The C2 Proficiency course is designed to effectively prepare learners for the C2 Proficiency examination by:
- teaching the language, skills and techniques needed for exam success
- building confidence by explaining what they have to do, showing them how to do it and providing plenty of practice at regular intervals throughout the course
- making the preparation fun with engaging texts and encouraging practice activities
- providing thorough training and guidance on how to deal with unfamiliar questions
Learners are required to first take a placement test to determine which course is appropriate to their level of English language proficiency. This one-hour test can be arranged to be taken at any CEFL Centre. At the end of the course, they can opt to sit for the appropriate level exam from Cambridge Assessment English.
Click here for further information on the C2 Proficiency exam components, eligibility, schedule, fees, registration and results.