Cambridge English For Life (CEFL) is the leading provider for accredited ready-to-launch English language courses, early childhood development programmes, and primary school mathematics enrichment programmes. Since our inception in 2001, over tens of thousands of students and clients have benefited from our extensive range of English language programmes. Today, we cater to over 10,000 students at our rapidly growing network of language centres throughout East and West Malaysia.
Our unique history at CEFL is driven by our commitment to quality education and is guided by these unwavering principles:
- Working with a trained, qualified and experienced teaching faculty.
- Keeping to our dynamic and proven effective syllabus.
- Offering practical courses of study leading to internationally recognised qualifications.
- Developing lifelong skills for all age groups.
At CEFL, we offer quality English language courses for children ages 4 years and up, and for adults. The courses are designed to achieve the following outcomes:
- Enhanced English language proficiency and capacity to use the language.
- Development of thinking skills.
- Improved confidence levels through character building.
- Success in the Cambridge English examinations.
All of our courses include the use of British text books as core texts. As a result, learners are exposed to a wide range of topics that may be outside of their school curriculum, broadening their horizons and acquiring knowledge in geography, history and various cultures. At the end of the course, they may sit for the Cambridge English examinations and obtain a world renowned qualification. Achievement in an Upper Main Suite examination allows learners to meet the English language entry requirements of colleges and universities worldwide.
The Cambridge Connection
Established in 1858, the University of Cambridge Local Examinations Syndicate (UCLES), now known as Cambridge Assessment, is a department of the prestigious University of Cambridge and is Europe’s leading education assessment agency. Among the major examination boards incorporated in Cambridge Assessment are:
- Cambridge Assessment Admission Testing
- Cambridge Assessment English
- Cambridge Assessment International Education
Cambridge Assessment has been administrating a comprehensive suite of tests and examinations in English as a Foreign Language (EFL) since 1913. Respected for their highest quality of assessments, the exams are taken by more than 4 million learners and teachers of English in over 130 countries every year to help them gain entrance to university or college, improve their job prospects, increase their mobility globally, travel or live abroad, or have a valid measure of their English language proficiency.
Cambridge English For Life is an Authorised Centre for the Cambridge English examinations.
Cambridge Tests and Examinations Administered by CEFL
CEFL prepares learners for the following examinations:
- Young Learners English (YLE)
- Pre A1 Starters – Previously Cambridge English: Starters (YLE Starters)
- A1 Movers – Previously Cambridge English: Movers (YLE Movers)
- A2 Flyers – Previously Cambridge English: Flyers (YLE Flyers)
- Lower Main Suite
- A2 KEY – Previously Cambridge English: Key (KET)
- B1 Preliminary – Previously Cambridge English: Preliminary (PET)
- Upper Main Suite
- B2 First – Previously Cambridge English: First (FCE)
- C1 Advanced – Previously Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE)
- C2 Proficiency – Previously Cambridge English: Proficiency (CPE)
- Business English Certificates
- B1 Business Preliminary – Previously Cambridge English: Business Preliminary (BEC Preliminary)
- B2 Business Vantage – Previously Cambridge English: Business Vantage (BEC Vantage)
- C1 Business Higher – Previously Cambridge English: Business Higher (BEC Higher)
Click here for further information on courses conducted by CEFL.
Cambridge Maths For Life
Cambridge Maths For Life centres use the Cambridge Maths Direct systematic approach to teach maths. The structure of the programme is focused on whole-class teaching, oral and mental work as well as direct communication with children.
The programme provides comprehensive coverage of learning goals and key ideas to be developed and achieved within each lesson. This paves the way for a smooth transition from primary to secondary schooling as learners dabble with:
- Solving problems
- Explaining their thinking to others
- Identifying and analysing trends from data
- Using modern technology
Click here for further information on Cambridge Maths For Life.
Cambridge Children’s House (CCH)
CCH provides a level of service that aims to go beyond normal day care, in which CCH’s child care management focuses on healthy growth and character building in a nurturing environment.
Lessons at CCH are designed to accelerate children’s growth and learning by providing emphasis on:
- Language mastery
- Effective communication
- Inter and intra personal skills
- Arts and crafts creativity
- Maths and science
- Music appreciation
- Cognitive activities
CCH understands the importance of appropriate educational experiences and their role in the success of children as they develop and grow. A variety of developmentally-appropriate educational programmes are available to help prepare children for the challenges of playschool, nursery, the foundation years, Standard One and beyond.
Click here for further information on Cambridge Children’s House.